1. At which membership level should I join?
• $125 - 1 to 25 employees
• $225 - 26 to 100 employees
• $325 - Over 100 employees
2. Do members receive a discount on Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance
when they join the Association?
• Blue Cross Blue Shield does not provide discounts to any organization. However, sponsorship through our Association may provide you with more plan options and richer benefits. Please check with your insurance agent or contact our Membership Department and we will have an independent agent contact you.
3. How can I get a Summary Plan Description (SPD) or Section 125
• If you are a member in good standing, please go into our secure Member Pavilion under Association Services and download the appropriate Adoption Agreement. E-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the completed documents. Agents can obtain these Adoption Agreements through our secure Agent Pavilion. Non-Members, please use the above e-mail address to send us your contact information and which Adoption Agreements you need, and we will send them to you. There is a nominal charge for non-members.
4. How do I contact the Membership Department via e-mail?
• You can e-mail us at email@example.com for general inquiries. They will be forwarded to the appropriate Member Services Representative to further assist you.
5. How do I get added to the Members Helping Members Directory?
• Members in good standing can sign-up online by clicking here.
6. How do I request an insurance quote?
• You can request a quote online by clicking here or calling 586-393-8800 and asking for a Member Service Representative.
7. Can I join or renew my membership online?
• New members, simply click the Membership tab on our home page, provide your sign-up information, and use VISA, MasterCard or American Express to charge it.
• Renewing members, click Create Your On-Line Account (if you haven’t already done so) on our home page to create your own User Name and Password. Then, click on the Membership Renewal tab and you can renew with VISA, MasterCharge, or American Express.
8. Can I get a list of your members?
• The Association does not publish a full member directory or sell member lists. However, if you are interested in signing up for Members Helping Members or one of our Facilitated Networking programs, this will allow us to help market you to other participating members.
9. When does my membership renew?
• Our billing cycle is on a quarterly basis. Occasionally, payments and billing statements can slightly overlap. If you have already paid, please disregard any duplicate statement you may receive.
10. How do I get signed up for Corporate Express and receive catalogs?
• Please call the Association office and a Member Services Representative can assist you or you can e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How do I fill out a BCBSM Enrollment Change of Status form to
change information on my policy?
• Your insurance agent can initiate this for you or BCBSM has the ECOS forms listed on their web site, along with instructions to fill it out. You may follow this link: http://www.bcbsm.com/pdf/ecos_jobaid.pdf
12. Do you have meetings or events?
• Please click here for our list of planned events, business networking events, and training sessions.